Daily Dose of Development #1:
Lesson Learnt: The Pen Really is Mightier than the Sword
I met with someone here at the UN in Jakarta who writes articles for the Jakarta Post. I had always loved to write, but I never realised the power of writing as a tool for advocacy. The articles written by this man are sometimes circulated through government mailing lists - they are ground-breaking and they attract so much public support, that government officials are forced to sit up and listen.
And if you think about it - it makes so much sense. People's words are what we remember, what stands etched in our minds even as the years pass. Imagine if your words themselves had so much power, that they could change the world?
I told this man I would help him write his next article - and as I walked back to my desk, I felt that surge of passion power through me again. Combining my love for writing with my biggest passion for social reform and development seems almost too perfect, and it's something that never crossed my mind before. But it makes so much sense!
So here is to exploring a new means for socio-economic reform.
Til' tomorrow.
A. x
Lesson Learnt: The Pen Really is Mightier than the Sword
I met with someone here at the UN in Jakarta who writes articles for the Jakarta Post. I had always loved to write, but I never realised the power of writing as a tool for advocacy. The articles written by this man are sometimes circulated through government mailing lists - they are ground-breaking and they attract so much public support, that government officials are forced to sit up and listen.
And if you think about it - it makes so much sense. People's words are what we remember, what stands etched in our minds even as the years pass. Imagine if your words themselves had so much power, that they could change the world?
I told this man I would help him write his next article - and as I walked back to my desk, I felt that surge of passion power through me again. Combining my love for writing with my biggest passion for social reform and development seems almost too perfect, and it's something that never crossed my mind before. But it makes so much sense!
So here is to exploring a new means for socio-economic reform.
Til' tomorrow.
A. x
No comments:
Post a Comment